Plantation Trail Tour - Tour Ascension

Plantation Trail Tour

Plantation Trail Tour

Houmas House Plantation and Gardens

Tour Houmas House Plantation and Gardens- Relive the magnificent plantation era with a visit to our Greek Revival Mansion built in 1840. Houmas House is home to wonderful stories of sugar cane farming on the grandest scale, Civil War history, period furnishings of early LA craftsmanship, significant movie settings and formal gardens beneath 200 yr. old moss-laden live oaks. Experience the southern splendor of “The Sugar Palace.” Stay all day & enjoy 38 acres of gardens, ponds and a majestic live oak alley.

 

Palo Alto Plantation

Palo Alto Plantation is a Louisiana historical landmark rich in history and architectural beauty. In 1977, the home was listed on the US Department of Interior National Register of Historic Places. This beautifully preserved old plantation home is south of Donaldsonville and is set on the bank of Bayou Lafourche.


Laura Plantation

Located in St. James Parish not far from Ascension, Laura Plantation is a restored historic Louisiana Creole plantation on the west bank of the Mississippi River near Vacherie, Louisiana, open for guided tours. Formerly known as Duparc Plantation, it is significant for its early 19th-century Créole-style raised big house and several surviving outbuildings, including two slave cabins. It is one of only 15 plantation complexes in Louisiana with this many complete structures. Because of its historical importance, the plantation is on the National Register of Historic Places. The site, in St. James Parish, Louisiana, is also included on the Louisiana African American Heritage Trail.

Whitney Plantation

Also Located in St. James Parish not far from Ascension is The Whitney Plantation Historic District, a museum devoted to slavery in the Southern United States. The district, including the main house and outbuildings, is preserved near Wallace, in St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana, on the River Road along the Mississippi River. The plantation was started in 1752 by German immigrants Ambroise Haydel and his wife, and their descendants owned it until 1867

Share Button
Translate »